Yep, you read that right. Delicious chocolate zucchini muffins all in the same sentence. And you know what, they’re delicious together! This is a fun and healthy alternative to chocolate cupcakes! They are allergy friendly AND pass the hubby test! #winning!
If you’re anything like me, you love chocolate everything! I’m pretty sure I could eat it at every meal, but you know, that wouldn’t be healthy. Adulting is hard sometimes.
I’ve been seeing so much amazing zucchini at our local farm market that I knew I had to make something with it. I’ve seen different recipes online over the years for chocolate zucchini muffins, but nothing that fit my personal needs. So I created a delicious recipe!
Our Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are Allergy Friendly!
- gluten free
- dairy free
- egg free
- sugar free
- nut free
- and full of amazing chocolately flavor! Woot!
Just look at this picture! I bet it has you running to the store or your kitchen to whip up a batch for dessert!
It’s amazingly versatile! Change it up to fit your personal dietary needs:
- Instead of coconut oil, you can use canola oil or avocado oil
- If you don’t like honey or don’t have any on hand, try using coconut sugar, white sugar or maple syrup
- Regular all purpose flour would work just as well as gluten free all purpose flour
- I use a chia seed egg replacement instead of regular eggs as I have an egg allergy. Yes, this means that my baked goods may not rise as well as a recipe using a regular egg and I’m okay with that. You could use a flax seed egg instead of a chia egg or a regular egg. Both options would be a good alternative.
I always change up recipes I find online to fit my personal dietary needs. It’s fun to try new things and experiment in the kitchen. You’ll be amazed at the delicious things you can make. Like these amazingly, delicious chocolate zucchini muffins. If you’re not into experimenting in the kitchen, I’ve got your back! My recipes will have you baking and cooking like a home chef. Happy Baking! 🙂