It’s that time of year again where we see pumpkin everywhere. In food, drinks, as decorations. You really can’t escape it. I say, let’s embrace this pumpkin craze, because…well…it’s delicious! Our Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake is a must have this season and all year round!
I had this cake for the first time at my mother-in-laws house and I knew that I had to have the recipe. It’s that good! She doesn’t make this cake too much because she was having some difficulties with it. She was originally making it in a bundt pan and it was sticking to the sides and not coming out well. Plus, it was taking a ridiculously long time to bake. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
I swooped in with my sweet baking skills and decided to make it in a 9″ x 13″ pan and it worked AMAZING! It’s easy to get out of the pan and cooks a lot faster. You’re welcome. 🙂
Seriously though, if you love pumpkin and chocolate chips, you have got to try this recipe. You’ll probably want to give some of it away too for fear that you’ll eat the whole pan….not that that has ever happened in my house. 😉
I recently made this cake and gave some to my neighbors (again, the struggle and fear of eating the whole pan is real). They raved about it and devoured it quickly. I figured I better share this amazing GF Dark Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake recipe with the world! BTW, my neighbors aren’t gluten free like me, and they didn’t know it wasn’t made with regular flour. Oh yeah, this recipe is a winner!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||50 minutes|
- 3 cups gluten free baking flour (Bob's Red mill 1:1 baking flour works great)
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup oil (vegetable or canola works well)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 28 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Incorporate the oil, eggs, and pumpkin puree. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Grease and flour a 9"x13" pan and pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before sprinkling powder sugar over the cake and serving. Enjoy!