If you know me, you know that potatoes are my favorite food. I love them any way, shape, or form. They are DELICIOUS! The problem with potato salad, is the mayonnaise in it. I don’t tolerate eggs very well. Luckily, I found an amazing egg-free mayo that works perfectly! Whether you’re sensitive to eggs or not, you have got to try my simple and delicious egg free potato salad.
Potato salad is a great side dish when you’re grilling out, taking a dish to a party, or just needing some comfort food. Many potato salads have a lot going on though. I like simple and quick. This recipe was adapted from my mother-in-laws potato salad recipe. It’s a winner if I do say so myself.
Our Simple and Delicious Egg Free Potato Salad is Allergy Friendly:
- gluten free / grain free
- egg free
- nut free
- dairy free
- soy free
Egg Free Simple and Delicious Potato Salad
- 1 5 pound bag russet potatoes
- 1 cup egg free mayo
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Wash the potatoes, but leave the skin on for more flavor. Cut into 1" pieces and place in a large pot of water. Bring the water to a boil and cook the potatoes until fork tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the water from the potatoes and place in a bowl. Using a fork or potato masher, mash about 1/4 - 1/2 of that potatoes and leave the others in whole pieces. This adds great texture to the potato salad. Refrigerate for at least one hour so the potatoes cool down.
- Once the potatoes are cooled, add the mayo, celery, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Sprinkle the paprika over the top. It's important to wait until the potatoes are completely cooled before doing this step so that mayo adheres properly to the potatoes.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
**I use Hampton Creek's Just Mayo brand that can be found in most grocery stores or on Amazon by clicking here.