If you love cornbread, then this recipe is for you! It’s one of my family’s favorite recipes and it’s gluten free. The ingredients are simple and I always have them on hand so I can whip up a delicious batch of this gluten free cornbread any time.
Our Gluten Free Cornbread Recipe is Allergy Friendly:
v gluten free
v egg free
v nut free
Alter this recipe to fit your needs:
v If you aren’t gluten free: you can use regular all purpose flour.
v Instead of using water, you can use 2% milk if you tolerate it.
v The chia egg can be substituted for a regular egg.
Try out Gluten Free Cornbread with our Instant Pot Beef Stew recipe. It’s absolutely delicious together!
- 1 1/4 cup yellow corn meal
- 1/4 cup melted salted butter (unsalted butter would work too, but it has 'natural flavors' in it so we prefer salted butter)
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup water (if you tolerate dairy, 1 cup of milk is delicious in this recipe)
- 1 chia seed egg (in a small bowl combined 1 Tbs. chia seeds with 3 Tbs. water. Set aside for 3 minutes until thickened)
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients. Then add the milk, chia egg, and melted butter. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased 8" square pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.