We’re all about delicious simple foods in our house! I love to make healthy, wholesome, allergy friendly meals. My recipes are full of amazing flavor, and this chicken dish is no exception. My Honey Lime Chicken dish is a favorite in my house. It’s perfect on it’s own, as a snack, in tacos or in a salad.
Peep that picture! Doesn’t it look delicious?! You probably have the majority of ingredients to make this already. It’s super fast to make and reheats extremely well. I definitely recommend you try it. It’ll probably become a staple in your house too. 🙂
What makes our Honey Lime Chicken dish allergy friendly?
v gluten free
v dairy free
v sugar free
v egg free
v nut free
It’s packed full of flavor though! You definitely have to give it a try!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 small limes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper (omit the black pepper if on AIP)
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Cut the chicken breasts into 2" length strips that are about 1/2" wide.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the cut chicken strips. Zest the outside of both small limes and add it to the bowl. Then, squeeze the lime juice of both limes into the bowl (about 1/4 - 1/3 cup).
- Add the garlic, honey, sea salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder to the bowl. Stir until combined.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add the olive oil. Cook the chicken in batches (you don't want to over crowd the pan), until cooked through. Make sure not to turn the pan heat up too high or the honey tends to burn.