I love fall off the bone baby back ribs. If they’re not tender enough to fall off the bone, I don’t like them. Ever since I got an Instant Pot, I’ve been trying to cook everything I can think of in it because it makes such delicious food and it’s SO QUICK. I have discovered the most delicious Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs recipe. It cuts my cooking time way down, they fall off the bone, and I still get a good char on them by throwing the ribs on the grill for a bit when they’re done.
The amazing thing about my Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs recipe is that it’s very versatile. You can use homemade barbecue sauce or store bought. You can also finish it off on the grill or in the oven. If you’re not into a char on your baby backs ribs, you can eat them when done in the Instant Pot. So many delicious choices that you can’t go wrong! 🙂
Our Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs are Allergy Friendly:
- gluten free / grain free
- egg free
- nut free
- dairy free
Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
- 1 rack baby back ribs (you could use any other type of ribs you like as well)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 bottle barbecue sauce (approximately 1 cup, or use homemade barbecue sauce)
- Remove the membrane from the baby back ribs.
- Mix the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Apply it to the baby back ribs as a dry rub.
- In the Instant Pot, pour the barbecue sauce and place the ribs into the sauce. Cook on manual for 30 minutes for fall-off-the-bone ribs.
- Prepare your grill by heating up the grates to a medium-high heat.
- Remove the ribs from the Instant Pot and place them on a baking sheet. Brush on barbecue sauce on both sides of the baby back ribs. Put the remaining sauce in a dish.
- Place the ribs on the grill and cook for 5-8 minutes on each side until you get a nice char/bark. I recommend applying a bit more barbecue sauce as you grill for extra flavor.
- Serve warm and enjoy!